I’ve been on a make-up buying spree lately, due to over-excitement at actually having a little bit of spare money for the first time since I moved. Here’s what I’ve been buying.
- Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paint in Pomegranate. I’ve said before I love pink nails, and so many bloggers have been trying and loving the Gelly polishes, I thought I’d jump on the bandwagon. I only bought this today, so I’ve not tried it out yet, but I'll let you know what I make of it.
- MUA Undress Your Skin Flawless Skin Primer. I don’t usually wear a primer, but as my skin can be quite oily round my T-zone, and I’d heard good things about this one (and it’s super cheap), I thought I’d give this a whirl. The texture when you’re putting it on feels weird and slimy at first, but once it’s sunk in it feels nice and velvety and does a great job of keeping my make-up where it’s supposed to be.
- MUA Pro-Base Fixing Mist. Another one I bought after hearing good reviews. I’ve only used it once so far, on Saturday, as I knew I wouldn’t have time to reapply any make-up between my day-time outing and heading out in the evening. It did a great job, actually. So far, impressed.
- MUA Undressed Eyeshadow Palette. I’ve already shared this with you, but thought I’d share it again now I’ve had a chance to try it. The colours are beautiful and last ages. I’m trying out a few different combinations and have been watching some tutorials with Urban Decay’s Naked palette, as this is meant to a pretty good dupe. Having never tried the Naked palette, I can’t comment, but this is really good and a bloody bargain!
- Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in Ivory. This one is a repurchase. My original bottle of this was a freebie at a blogger event, but I got on really well with it, so decided to actually pay for it this time.
- Laval Powder Blusher in Frosted Pink. I killed my previous blusher by dropping it, which was clever of me. I had some Amazon vouchers so went wild and decided to risk buying make-up online from a brand I wasn’t familiar with. Worth it. This is such a pretty pink, although really pigmented, so you have to put it on with a light hand or you end up with crazy clown cheeks.
- ELF Shimmering Facial Whip in Spotlight. I’d heard about this as a good cheap dupe for Benefit’s High Beam. Again, I’m pretty sure I’ve already shared this, but now I’ve actually used it. It’s obviously not as nice as High Beam, but for the price, it’s an excellent highlight.
- Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Electric Plum. I admit, I totally choose lipsticks by their names. This has a good one, and I’ve been after a plum colour for a little while, but was struggling to find something that wasn’t too dark and wannabe goth. This is just dark enough, and very pretty.
- Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in Celestial. Blogger band wagon alert! I’m so easily tempted by what other bloggers post about. Great colour, great applicator and a nice texture. I did think they might be sticky feeling, but not at all. I’ll let you know about the lasting time when I’ve worn this properly, rather than just swatched it.
What have you lot been buying? Enable my spending habits by telling me more awesome nails and make-up bits.